2000 Olds Intrigue GL headlight problem

my 2000 Olds Intrigue has a problem with the headlights “flickering or dimming” while driving. I had the alternator replaced but the problem still exists. Any help is appreciated in trying to determine what is causing this. thanks Donna

One thing to have checked is the positive battery cable.

The battery in your vehicle has the side mount type battery cables with rubber covers over the terminals. Over time corrosion can form under the red rubber cover for the positive battery cable assembly. This corrosion can cause a poor connection where a voltage drop occurs and all sorts of things can happen with the vehicle’s electricals.

Have someone remove both battery cables from the battery, and then peel back the red rubber cover for the positive cable terminal. If a lot of corrosion is found under this cover, replace the positive battery cable assembly.

Tester

thank you for your reply. I just had the battery replaced as well but will be sure to check the cables as well. I will be sure to let you know the result.
thanks Donna

If both headlights are doing it then either something in the power lead to them is making a bad connection or the grounding for the lights has a problem.

thanks. it does appear to be both headlights. It used to flicker in a quicker manner but not it is more of a blink. The lights do not go all the way out but just dim slightly and then go back to full brightness. I will have that checked out. thanks for your help. Donna