2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport-Brakes

My Jeeps breaks are very loud and squeaky. I have taken it in and they say they are fine, nothing needs replaced at this point. Is there anything I can do to reduce the noise?

You can put oil on them and then the soud will go away.

Isodora–

Please ignore qwerty’s dangerous advice. His automotive knowledge is on a par with his spelling ability.

holy sheiklkkeis

DONT PUT OIL ANYWHERE NEAR THEM

i know it is considered bad form to use capitals, but PLEASE

DONT do that.

jeepers, why would someone even say that???

sorry about my earlier stunned response.

you could buy a can of “brake cleaner” at the auto parts store.

watch out when you spray it, because it can “bounce” back into your face.

you will have to remove the wheel covers if your car has them. and liberally spray the brake rotors, calipers, and the brake parts. spray them from the outside, and turn the sheels and spray them from the back side.

see if that helps the noise.

bump

I would find a different shop. Note: it need not be a Jeep shop. There are several reasons why brakes may squeak.

How long have they been doing it? When was the last time they were replaced? Do they do it more at different times, like when it is cold or hot or damp?

They were replaced 6 months ago. When I just took it in a couple of weeks ago they said that as far as from a safety standpoint they were fine and did not need replaced. They did take it for a test drive but had no advice or suggestions as what to do about the noise.

They have been consistently squeaking for the past few months. It doesn’t seem to matter about the weather. I live in Colorado and it’s been anywhere from 70 out to below zero and snowing. They always squeak. I guess I will take it to another shop and get a second opinion. Should I try the break cleaner suggestion first?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the advice!!! I may give this a try.