2000 Honda CR-V - Manual Tranny Reviews

Want to purchase with manual transmission

Go right ahead , you have my permission to do that.

2 Likes

Though this category is labeled “buying/selling” it is not a used car site.
For a car that old you might start with autotrader.com or Craigslist. You might get lucky and find one on carmax.com.
Be aware, if you really want a 2000, chances are it will need many “delayed maintenance” items replaced or repaired.
Pay a mechanic to do a prepurchase inspection of any used vehicle.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, you answered some of my questions. Maybe you can help me in the future because I may end up getting something a lot newer and go with a vehicle( even a truck) that has an automatic tranny but is flat tow worthy in neutral. Thank, Doc

The article this came from was about outfitting a 2007 or newer Honda CRV but this part gives the procedure for flat towing an automatic Honda CRV.

Honda CR-V

The CR-V is approved by Honda for flat towing with a couple of pre-tow procedures: While idling the engine, press the brake pedal and move the shift lever through all its positions. Then shift the transmission to drive and hold for five seconds, then to neutral and idle for three minutes. (Warning: severe transmission damage will occur if the vehicle is shifted from reverse to neutral and then towed; it must be shifted from drive to neutral after idling for five seconds.) Next, turn the ignition key to the acc position, which shuts the engine off but leaves the steering wheel unlocked. The above procedure should be repeated after eight hours of continuous towing. Removing the aforementioned fuse also is recommended (only remove the fuse after you have performed the transmission shifting procedure and the key is in the acc position). Also make sure the radio and any items plugged into the accessory power sockets are turned off so they don’t drain the battery.

The CR-V is a popular choice as a dinghy vehicle on several counts. The car is relatively lightweight (3,554-pound curb weight for the 4WD EX-L model), gets 21 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway, has a firm suspension and good road manners, comfortable seating and 4WD versatility (optional). The price for the fully loaded CR-V 4WD EX-L model is $29,895. The car’s few negatives include slightly elevated road noise and modest acceleration with its 180-hp 2.4-l 4-cylinder engine.

The Honda is a good choice for motor­homers who are shopping for a versatile midsize, midpriced SUV as a tag-along, and the Roadmaster Sterling is an effective way to tow it.