2000 Grand Am turns over, won't start

I just sold this car to a friend of mine. I put a lot of money into it beforehand and never had any issues whatsoever.

She now can’t get it to start. It didn’t die on her. One morning she just tried to start and it wouldn’t fire. Fuel pump is priming as it should, PASSLOCK/Security issue doesn’t seem to be present. It cranks and cranks but won’t fire. I’m about to head over there with a can of starter spray to see if it’ll start that way but I’m assuming it is an ignition problem. Fuel filter is fairly new, I might have replaced the FPR as well (I can’t remember). Ignition components are all new. Does anyone have any ideas as to what to look for when I look it over?

On a GM?

Crank sensor.

Tester

Also forgot to mention that this is the 2.4L 4 cylinder.

Crank sensor, ah yes, definitely one thing I completely forgot about.

@billfrank85

Your idea with the starter spray was a great idea

If it starts and runs with ether, then you know the ignition system is fine

Do you have a code reader?

Even though the pump is priming, that doesn’t mean the pump is okay. If the pump isn’t producing enough pressure, the engine will not start without help

Just a few weeks ago, we had a van in the shop that had a weak fuel pump. The pressure was just a few pounds too low. Too low to start the engine without ether. But once it was running, it seemed fine

i replaced the pump and it was back to normal, meaning the engine would start without ether

Yes, I have one of those Bluetooth OBD2 dongles that I use with the Torque app on my phone. Highly recommended for diagnosing on the go.

There was no CEL on the car before the no start situation came up. I’ll be able to check pending codes with my reader though, so maybe that will tell me something. Will also try to get the fuel pressure tested soon.