2000 Ford Taurus

Hi,

What is people’s opinion for the 2000 Ford Taurus? There’s one for sale on Craigslist for $2300 that has 87000 and is supposedly well maintained (I haven’t seen it yet). A friend claimed domestic cars were only supposed to last 100k, What do other people think ?

i have a 1998 ford taurus,with a 112,000 mile.first of all.they set to low to the ground.you fill every pot hole, on the road. this think need all kind of front end work.

A friend claimed domestic cars were only supposed to last 100k, What do other people think ?

Don’t trust that friend for car advice. :slight_smile:

Many domestic cars have very long lives and few problems. Some years ago I saw a study and I suspect it holds true today.

• Cars that get proper maintenance last longer.

• Owners of imports tend to take more interest and car of their cars.

• Imports tend to last longer. However when you factor in the maintenance, they come out about the same.

I would say if you want a long lasting car, make your car long lasting. Maintain it according to the information in the owner’s manual and consider that the minimum.

Maintenance is always cheaper than replacement.

I just traded in my 99 Taurus for a new one. It had 159,782 on it the only thing that ever went wrong was a heater core and a rack & pinion seal