2000 Altima's airbag light blinking

A couple of days ago, due to A/C issues I had a “thermal control amplifier switch”

(also referred to as an “evaporator temp sensor”)repaired on my 2000 Altima. I read on the invoice that this involved them removing the glove box. I hate to sound stupid, but is there anyway that this work could have caused my airbag warning light to start blinking? I have owned this car for 4 years and it seems strange that all of a sudden this light would go off. I was turning the steering wheel to pull into a parking space and the wheel clicked loudly and then the light started blinking. So my question is: What are the possible reasons for the airbag light to go off suddenly? It will be $78 just to get it diagnosed, but I would like your opinions still because I am unable to take it in until Monday. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Systems like SRS (airbag) are complex they need a computer to control them and a computer to diagnosis them your car has a built in system to diagnosis airbag issues,you got to use it.IMHO

If you’re lucky, your Nissan works the same as my Ford.

The airbag light on my Ford flashed a code 32. flash flash flash pause flash flash.

I had to replace the clock spring behind the steering wheel.

Does yours appear to be flashing a code?

It it is not flashing a code as 87 suggested, then have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here.

The clock spring thing is interesting, because the steering wheel did make that loud click when I was turning into the parking space and the blinking started immediately thereafter (no code, just the word “airbag”). I was wondering if the repairs may have had something to do with it because the airbag section is right above the glove box that they had to remove. I will try one of those places before I shell out that $78. But I will let you know what code I get. Thanks a lot.

The SRS system is not a part of the ODB-II system, and requires a different scanner to extract codes. Autozone will be no help.