1999 Grand Cherokee Limited Stalling Is This Vehicle Haunted?

My Grand Cherokee will lose power and stall after about 15 minutes of driving or idling. A mechanic replaced the oxygen sensor because the check engine light was on and spark plugs. He said it was stalling due to a lose fan making noise as the fan shroud was broken so the knock sensor was kicking in. Fan and shroud was replaced but it is still stalling even though there is no noise now. I will be driving and all of a sudden lose power like I’m out of gas but I’m not. If I pull over and wait for about ten minutes I can restart the engine and continue for about 15 minutes before it will do it again. If I didn’t know better I would think my late husband was haunting me as he didn’t want me to buy the car in the first place.

I talked to someone at the dealership thinking perhaps the fuel filter was clogged and was told that there was a lifetime warranty on the fuel filter and it is part of the gas tank so it was highly unlikely that was the problem.

I’m wondering now if there is some kind of sensor that is registering that the temperature is hotter or colder than it is so the wrong amount of fuel is being injected which is causing it to stall out. Or is this car haunted and I should get rid of it as soon as possible?