1999 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4x4 help

I switched my blazer into 4 wheel drive low while climbing a hill, and now i cant switch it out, i have tried everything in the manual, so could someone help?

[b]The tranfer case in your Blazer is electronically controlled.

I would say that you don’t use this setting very often in your 4X4. And now that you have, the solenoid that controls this setting is stuck.

Tester[/b]

how can i fix this?

I have a 2000 Blazer 4x4, I feel your pain. The transfer case controls on mine are a bit flaky. Have you tried coasting slowly in neutral (~2 mph) before selecting 4hi or 2hi. Sometimes disconnecting the battery to reset the ECM knocks some sense into mine.

Good luck,

Ed B.

thanks, is that the only way?

I’ve only put mine in 4-lo a couple of times in the last 4 years. Usually I switch between 2-hi to Auto 4wd or 4-hi. When I have trouble switching to 4wd, I select 4wd while stopped, once I start moving the 4wd will engage. Sometimes it takes several tries to switch to 4wd. I’m pretty sure the owner’s manual is emphatic about having the transmission in neutral when switching to or from 4-lo though. I’ve only had problems switching to 4wd, changing back to 2wd is not a problem. The disconnecting the battery trick has worked for me on a few occasions. I’m assuming you have the owner’s manual, if not I can post the 2wd/4wd procedures.

Ed B.

Ed B.