1998 Lexus GS400 that is having issues starting

lexus
gs400

Hello I currently own a 1998 Lexus GS400 that is having issues starting. it’ll start right up after sitting for a period of time, 30 min or more. Stalled out last night almost home, started right up this morning. Drove to work, wouldn’t start back up 5 minutes later, but again started right up an hour later. It started last night with the radio cutting in and out, then radio wouldn’t turn on at all. I noticed the interior lights getting kinda dim as well. Any suggestions as to what it might be?

Check battery connections, then go by an auto parts store and have them check the battery and charging system. Lights going dim usually point to a weak battery - how old is it?

battery not very old, replaced about 6 months ago

Then check the cables, and have the charging system checked. It could be the alternator. Any idea how old that is?

honestly no idea. bought the car last yr

+1
When a car’s electronic devices work intermittently, that is frequently an indicator of a failing alternator.
And, a failing alternator can kill a relatively new battery, so I would suggest having the alternator’s output checked a.s.a.p.

thank u I will check it out