1998 Lamborghini Diablo - Engine light

No problem, have the Diablo taken to your local exotic mechanic. They will diagnose and repair your Lamborghini for you. You just swipe your Centurion card and be done with it. In the meantime, you could simply drive the Carrera GT or F40. I guess you could slum it in the Brabus if you had to.

2 Likes

I have had this happen to me. Drove a POS older truck into a dealership parking lot and the sales guys ignored me. Finally got oneā€™s attention and he asked what I wanted my payment to be, etc. ā€œWell, Iā€™m paying cash, to be honest. Probably somewhere else.ā€ I actually did wind up buying a truck there a little later on. Pretty sure I got profiled initially because of the grease stained clothes and ratty truck.

Conversely, when I was 17 or 18, me and one of my high school buddies stopped at the Ford dealership to kick the tires on the new Mustang GTā€™s. The salesman came out and immediately asked ā€œWhich one do you want to drive?ā€ Ummmā€¦the red 5 speed. Guy came back out and tossed me the keys. I had zero intention of buying anything. Luckily for him, I didnā€™t abuse the car. Well, one small burnout in the high school parking lot, but other than thatā€¦I drove it pretty responsibly. I guess dealerships have insurance for such.

1 Like

My dad used to work for a local forester/logger. The owner was very successful and wealthy, but he wore regular jeans and shirts and drove an older pickup truck.Youā€™d never guess he was likely a millionaire.

One day he went to the local Chevrolet dealer; he would normally buy 2-3 brand new trucks at a time, and just write a check for them. However, his approach was to total up the cost of the 3 new trucks, deduct 20%, and then call over the salesman. More than once, when the salesman would come over, the gentleman would say ā€œI want these three trucks, this is what Iā€™m paying, go talk to your boss, and donā€™t keep me waiting.ā€ Apparently it worked every time.

Of course, this was 30 years ago when dealerships actually welcomed cash buyers, instead of relying on financing.

1 Like

The extent of my knowledge on these is I just about got run over by one walking across the street in Hollywood. My advice would be take it and checkbook to dealer.

Right. I believe theyā€™d prefer you finance now.

If I had a Volvo Iā€™d tell you.

And if I had a Lambo, Iā€™d just take it to the shop instead of being a tool to everyone on a car forum.

4 Likes

Have you seen what Warren Buffet drives and the house he lives in? I drive a more expensive vehicle and live in a more expensive house.

1 Like

When I bought my 2020 new at one dealership it was cheaper to finance than pay cash. I wanted to pay cash so they said to finance, make two payments then pay it off. Was cheaper that way. Went across the street and bought from them in cash. They offered minor incentives to finance.

1 Like

My boss used to say after a while itā€™s just a scorecard. What can you do with 50 million that you canā€™t do with ten million? Yeah his values are not in acquiring things. Him and Charlie are kind of interesting listening to. When looking at a company and sizing up the management, one of their keys is whether the people are honest or liars. If they are liars, they look no further. Interesting how they are able to buy anything with that criteria.

According to my DNA Warren is supposed to be a distant relative. He doesnā€™t take my calls though so I donā€™t know.

1 Like

yet there is room in my carport for one. If I can convince tom to give it to me. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

The ultimate ā€œNot Downsize livingā€

Why this CEO is worth almost $1 billion but lives in a trailer park - The Washington Post

1 Like

Some of those trailer parks are pretty nice. There used to be some really fancy ones here in the San Jose area, great location, the park owner handles all the landscaping, focussing on palm trees, bananas, citrus, & other subtropicals. I can see why that would be attractive to someone who wanted to focus their attā€™n on their business rather than property maintenance. Unfortunately pretty much all the trailer parks in this area have been bull-dozed, replaced by condoā€™s with ugly Home-Depot-like landscaping.

Apparently OP is an actual Lambo owner ā€¦ lol ā€¦

OP, is there a reason you donā€™t take it to the dealership you purchased it from?

Tom found his way here but canā€™t use Google to find a repair shop .

5 Likes

Heh heh, now even I would have found flagging that one advisable. Should have been evident though that no one knows the answer beyond post 3.

Have you checked with Roselli in San Jose, even with the code it will help to have worked on a few of these in the past.

Heard about Palm Beach FL, I think, bought out the trailers for a million dollars each to put up condos!

OK , I may be wrong but why even try and help someone with an attitude and language like Tom has used ?

If he does not like the service from a recommended place he will be back calling names .

5 Likes

and a cranky one at that!

5 Likes

Like I said, I just about got run over by one-not to stereotype.

1 Like