1997 Chevy Monte Carlo dashboard and instrument cluster lights

I have a 1997 Chevy Monte Carlo whose dash lights are not working. That lights that aren’t working are all of them except for the idiot lights i.e. check engine, seat belt, turn signal indicator etc. etc. The ones that dont work include the instrument cluster, headlight /dimmer control, console gear indicator, HVAC control lights. The dome light, headlights, rear view mirror courtesy lights, vanity lights, and blinkers all work fine.

I checked the fuses and they are all fine. The headlights come on automatically at night as they are supposed to with out a problem. As far as I can tell there are no other electrical problems whatsoever. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I assume you have made sure that the dimmer control is set to the high position of the lights already. If that is so then you need to check for voltage getting to the dimmer control. There most likely is a module to control the lights also in the circuit so that needs to be checked to.

having the exact same problem with the exact same car. tried changing the dimmer control switch to no avail. any chance you’ve figured this out by now bjkitrel?