1996 mazda 626 es check engine light past 50mph help!

What’s weird with my car recently after I recently put more engine oil into the car the next time I drove the car RPM started to zoom up past 25 mph and then it clicks back and the RPMs go back to normal. And the RPMs soup up it goes to the number three or even four RPMs. Also before this happened when I would go to a stop sign or even stop my car for a second it would shake and shut off. I mean the engine would be on but the car would not move. A couple weeks later I put transmission fluid into the car and it stopped doing that. Listen to my car was doing this my car would be acting weird on the freeway. For example it has no problem getting on the freeway and catching up to the right miles per hour but once I get past 50 mph the check engine light will come on. When this happens nothing seems like there’s anything wrong with my car but on the other hand. I don’t know if it’s taking too long to catch up to speed. All in all the car doesn’t shake when I’m at a stop sign anymore once I put more transmission fluid in my car but this whole 50 mph and the check engine light comes on doesn’t make any sense because this seems like my car is fine . Don’t know please help ! With feed back !!!

The information that you have provided is not really going to allow anyone to give you a good diagnostic guess at this point, so I suggest the following:

Go to Auto Zone, or Advance Auto, or O’Reilly, or (possibly) Napa, and ask them to check the car’s OBD system for stored diagnostic trouble codes. There could be…many of them, and they will be in a format similar to “P0123”. Then come back to this forum to post the exact codes.

When you come back to post those codes, please also give us specific information regarding the car’s maintenance over the past 3 years. Please don’t give us a meaningless phrase such as, “it has been well-maintained”, and instead list the maintenance procedures that have been done, along with the date and odometer mileage of each one.

Also–how often do you need to add motor oil & transmission fluid, and how much do you add each time?

When you return, please try to make the problem more understandable, as the way that your post is currently written is not very clear regarding the nature of the problem.

We can probably help you if you provide clear and complete information!