1996 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 lost cruise control

i have lost cruise control so i was checking my (IAC) intake air control mounted on my throttle body. The chelton book notes the wires as Lt grn/ w wht stripe Lt grn/ w blk stripe Lt Blu/w wht stripe Lt blu/w blk stripe. And on the pin out red 32 pin connector shows one of the Lt green wires just being a grn wire / w blk stripe. So i switched #11 and #29 now #2 cylinder is no longer misfiring however #4 is acting up and my idle is really rough and my IAC still does not work. What to check or replace thx

If you lost cruise control, why are messing with the IAC?

The first thing to check when the cruise control doesn’t work is, if there’s a burned out brake light.

Tester

It’s an “Idle Air Control” and it’s only function is to control the idle speed of the engine.

1 Like

Might check the brake light switch. I think it can cause cruise not to work if that switch is bad on those trucks, since cruise deactivates (via the brake light switch I think) when you mash the brake pedal. Those switches are pretty common to go bad on those trucks. I’ve had several similar trucks in the 1993 to 1995 range. I don’t think there’s a fuse for cruise control on those, don’t remember for certain, but it wouldn’t hurt to check.

Agree with the others though, the idle air control valve has nothing to do with cruise control.