1995 Plymouth Neon

neon

Wife was driving her car and went around a corner when out of the blue it died. Unable to re-start. I’ve replaced plugs, wires, coil pack and still no response. I’m not a mechanic and don’t know where any of the sensors are located. I tried doing the self-diagnostics test but now none of the dash lights come on. Car cranks just fine. I’ve heard that it may be sensors, it could be the safety switch. It’s a 95 Plymouth Neon Sport, 2.0 SOHC Five Speed manual.

No point throwing parts without knowing what is wrong. Is the timing belt intact? Do you have fuel pressure, do you have spark?

If none of the dashboard warning lights (oil, battery, etc) are coming on I would suspect a blown fuse, blown fusible link, or a failed ignition switch. (electrical part)
That’s theorizing because I have not bothered to dredge up a wiring schematic for this car.

When it comes to electrical problems like this, I always suggest checking every single fuse and fusible link with a test light or VOM even if certain fuses are known to have nothing at all to do with the problem.

Let Me Guess. You’re Not The Car’s Original Owner ?

Just as a starting point, I’d call a Chrysler / Dodge dealer and have them check your VIN (vehicle identification number) for “open” recalls. Neon vehicles built during the first half of the 95 model-year run were RECALLED for PCM (powertrain control module) failures that caused several malfunctions, including engine die-out, no-start, and check engine light coming on.

CSA