1995 Honda Accord LX Station wagon problems starting (help please! Problem still arising!)

^Go with that El-Hombre. But fyi if your car does ever start having those rapid clicks and won’t start check around the fuse box area where your battery cables lead to! and you’ll be looking for crusty green/whitish foam, you can get it off with a 50/50 solution of water and baking soda then just scrub it off with an old toothbrush.

@"the same mountainbike"‌ I am truly grateful that you have taken time out to even reply to me! I do feel confident that I have been given great advise I am just hesitant at times because I honestly don’t know as much of cars as most people here and I’m only 19 so to a certain extent in this situation I consider myself ignorant… But I am just questionable because the engine staying on after I took the key out only happened once… Does it matter or do I have a reason to be hesitant with it… & if I should still just get the ignition switched changed should I go ahead and replace the wiring harness to it as well??

@JimFrost‌ ok thank you so much!! (By clicks do you mean cranks or literal clicks from the motor??)

Once is enough. You definitely have a bad switch. As I said, however, there may be another problem also, but my philosophy has always bee that if you know you have a related problem that’s readily repairable, do that first. Often it also solves the secondary problem.

The wiring harness does not need to be changed.

Ok cool thank you I will let you know how that goes! All of you have definitely been a blessing thank you so much!!

The main relay may not be working correctly. A common Honda problem from this vintage.

I jut out a new relay… I switched the ignition switch… And the wrong Hanes but it still takes a while to turn on it just cranks and cranks for a few seconds… Someone told me it could be the mass flow air sensor

*i just put a

@"the same mountainbike"‌

*i just out a main relay and a new ignition switch and a new wiring harness

If it doesn’t start very quickly after the engine turns over, try this:

Turn the key Off, then to Run (not all the way to Start.) Listen for the fuel pump back in the gas tank to run for a few seconds, then turn off. If it doesn’t run, then the ignition switch or the main relay (AKA fuel pump relay) are suspect.

If the fuel pump does run, turn the key to Off then back to Run. If you do this Off-Run a few times, the fuel pump is delivering fuel and pressurizing the fuel system. Then turn the key all the way to to Start. If it starts up quickly, the fuel system may have lost pressure while the car sat. If you have to hold the gas pedal down to get it to start, an injector may be leaking and causing an over-rich condition which is cleared by holding the gas pedal down while cranking.

My 1999 Honda Civic has required this “key dance” a few times in its 160,000 miles, especially when the tank is very low.