1995 Chrysler Cirrus Fuel Filler Tube

The fuel filler tube on my venerable '95 Cirrus rusted out and fell off (this is a Chrysler product - I know I should have invested in the net). Now I’m having trouble finding a replacement - Chrysler no longer makes them. I and my mechanic have been trying to locate a used one - no luck (except for another rusted out one). Any suggestions? Can one be fabricated? Any suggestions?

I’m in the same boat as you with my 95 Stratus. mine hasn’t completely fallen off. I have it all wrapped up in a cork tape. As you stated there is no new ones left anywhere. That style neck was only used for a short time until stricter fuel vapor recovery was mandated and the neck changed. let me know what kind of fix you come up with in the meantime I will search and post anything I find.

I had a '78 Jimmy a long time ago that had a rusted out filler tube. Too rusted to replace or weld.

After spending too much time looking in scrapyards I bought a plastic fuel tank with a molded plastic filler pipe and cured the problem permanently.
I’ll bet that tank is still being used today.

[b]Let me see if I get this straight.

The metal tube that rusted out ran from where the gas nozzle is inserted down to the tank? And this is the outer tube?

If so, how was this tube attached to the gas tank and filler neck?

Tester[/b]

its the molded plastic tub that has a metal flange connected to it. that flange has the inner gas flapper and female threads for the gas cap and screws to the back of the fender. Its all one piece. the metal to plastic joint rust away

I have a 1995 Chrysler Cirrus and I also need the fuel filler tube. Any idea where to get one?

There is one on Ebay.

Or you could try salvage yards online, these parts are still in good condition in the desert.