1995 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 #- Question on test

Can u tell me when it changed over, I have a 1995 TBI 350 5.7 L and was wondering if the battery alternator test wouldn’t work without Frying my electrical system

Please explain your question more. Even an auto parts store person should be able to test your battery and charging system without frying anything.

When what changed over?

I think he’s talking about removing the battery with the engine running as an alternator test. TBI engines had electronic controls and a computer. I wouldn’t risk it.

6 Likes

Isn’t your crystal ball working today? :smirk:
I know that mine is currently non-functional, so–like you–I have no idea as to what he is referencing.

Let’s come at this from a different angle, please

How about telling us what’s going on with your truck?

Man, I’m getting hammered this week :joy:

2 Likes

You’re not wrong, and you’re not the only one.
As my friends say to me, “Keep your chins up”.
At this point in my life, I have almost as many Chins as the Beijing phone book.
:wink:

2 Likes

You think Carolyn would let me change my name to “crappy Johney the a-hole”? :thinking:

Hopefully not.
Catering to the lowest denominator–such as the “person” who used that term–is not a good idea.

2 Likes

It would be hell trying to insult someone with a name like that. I mean what are going to call them? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

we still love you. lol

4 Likes

… especially when you consider that he/she can’t even spell “Johnny” correctly.
:thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m just having fun, not insulted. Either it was a typo or I was attempted to be insulted by someone who apparently can’t spell “Johnny”. I’m good!

2 Likes

Beat me to it!

1 Like

All you need is a voltmeter or one of those $10 plug in devices from Walmart. Plug it into the lighter socket and read the voltage. If 13, 14, the alternator is fine. Turn the engine off and if the reading is 12.5 or so, the battery is fine. They even have red, yellow green lights to make it easy. You can go further by doing a CCA test but that requires more stuff.

1 Like

Sure, let me get on that as my last official act of the year. here’s to more fun in 2022! Actually I think it cuts off after a certain number of characters. I’d hate for you to lose one character of that name. :wink:

3 Likes

have a Happy New Year. lets hope 2022 is better.

3 Likes

I think this might be a case of autocorrect mayhem.

Sorry guys it is a typo voice recognition sucks sometimes I was trying to say thanks scrap yard Johney u answered my question and it said crappy Johney sorry