1995 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 #- Question on test

And apparently I can’t spell Johnny

No problem, Barry. I kind of thought that might be a typo. Hope you get the truck sorted out.

You know I’ve tried teaching the car voice recognition and just gave up. I don’t know where they got that person living in my dashboard but all she can say is “did you say . . .?” and I say no, I said . . . So it’s just a lot easier to push the buttons.

1 Like

I have tested voice recognition in customer’s vehicles, feels like a step into the future when it operates without argument.

Happy New Year, Carolyn

1 Like

Hi @Barry56:
Even before cars began to use electronics, disconnecting a battery cable from a running engine always carried risk.

That’s because alternators can produce voltage spikes which are harmful to the internal diodes. However, when the battery cables are connected, the battery acts as a “capacitor like buffer” to help quell or smooth out those spikes.

Exactly. On my Sportster the battery cable broke internally, and took out every light on the bike, and took out the turn signal module… When that happened and I tried to start it I had a battery charger on it I didn’t know it was
broke.

Let no good deed go unpunished.

1 Like