1995 Bonneville - brake light and chime

I have a 1995 Bonneville with about 160k miles. I have a problem with the PARKING light on the dash coming on, accompanied by a chime. This happens fairly consistently after first starting the car and driving off, or after coming to a full stop (e.g., stop sign) and then pulling away again. The light and chime come on for only 5 or 10 seconds before stopping all on it’s own. One suggestion was that the parking brake pedal was sagging, but pulling up on the pedal does nothing (it’s up all the way and doesn’t budge). I’ve also read that a leaking master cylinder may cause the light and alarm to activate, but I can’t see any evidence of leaks when I examine the MC. If anyone has any experience, insights, or recommendations with this problem, I’m all ears. Thanks!

Correction - it’s the BRAKE light on the dash that illuminates.

Is the MC reservoir low on fluid? That light is triggered by a float in the reservoir.
If the reservoir IS low, you need to get your brakes checked. It gets low in response to the brake pads wearing thin.

Not sure, but I don’t think so… at least, not if they did the job of checking all fluid levels properly with the last “full service” oil change… But I’ll check it. Brake pads were reported as OK.