1994 Honda Accord LX - Hard to start when cold

I have a 1994 Honda Accord LX that has a difficult time starting when cold. It cranks fine. Once it starts it runs fine (maybe a slight misfire - feels like a very minor stumble). If I shut it off after driving and re-start, it starts right up.

I replaced:

Spark Plugs

Rotor

Distributor Cap

Valve Cover Gasket (including spark plug wells - had some oil in the wells from accidentally leaving the oil filler cap off).

Oxygen Sensor (had a code for this).

Also recently had the fuel filter replaced.

My thought is maybe there is some moisture in the distributor (we had to drive it through flood water around our house about 6 weeks ago) but I’m not sure that’s it.

Hoping someone might have an idea - thanks!

Maybe the coolant temp sensor is bad so it’s not giving it enough gas on cold start?

Any check engine lights on? If so, read the codes.

Define cold. Are we talking what southerners think is cold (60 degrees) or actual cold (-30 degrees)?

Cold as in the engine is not at operating temperature - the air is quite warm (70-80 degrees). No check engine light on at this point (there was one for the O2 sensor which I have since replaced). Coolant temp sensor is a possibility…

You might want to check if the anti drain-back valve for the fuel pump is leaking.

To do this, on the next cold start, turn the ignition switch to the run position so the dash lights come on for two seconds, and then turn the ignition switch off. Repeat this a half dozen times and then try starting the engine. If the engine starts right up and runs smoothly, the anti drain-back valve is faulty.

Tester

Did you replace the spark plug wires? I did not see that in your list.

I did not replace the spark plug wires…probably ought to though.

I tried this and it still had the same issue. Continued to crank but no start. I’m thinking it may be the distributor but I haven’t had a chance to test the spark yet.

I went to unplug the Coolant Temp Sensor to see if that would allow the vehicle to start and just below and in front of the wire for it I saw another potential problem: there is a small wire that runs right next to the coolant temp sensor wire and it hooks to what looks like a single pin coming out of the engine assembly - the wire was barely even covering this pin. Any ideas what it might be and if it would have an affect on the car starting?

Here’s a picture of the wire that I found barely connected/disconnected. It’s on the passenger side of the engine, you can see the distributor in the foreground, to the left and right are coolant temp sensors (I believe). You might be able to tell how decrepit the wire is just from the photo. I’ve been looking for diagrams of this but haven’t had much luck…any ideas what it might be?

When I went to test the Coolant Temperature Sensor by unplugging it and trying to start the car, I noticed this wire that was disconnected. Here’s a picture - it’s on the passenger side of the engine, you can see the distributor in the foreground, to the left and right are coolant temp sensors (I believe). You might be able to tell how decrepit the wire is just from the photo. I’ve been looking for diagrams of this but haven’t had much luck…any ideas what it might be?