1993 Chrysler New Yorker brake noise

I am looking to purchase a 1993 Chrysler New Yorker and when I test drove it I noticed that every time the brake pedal was pushed a mechanical whirring noise was audible. This happened every time the brake was pushed whether the car was moving or not. The car brakes seemed to work fine and there were no other noises associated with normal brake problems. The noise seemed to come from inside the car. Anybody got any ideas what that might be? Also, any other reasons to not buy a 93 New Yorker with about 115,000 miles on it for cheap?
Thanks!

The transmissions and tie rod ends were the main trouble spots on these cars. There were also issues with rapid front brake wear. If the transmission shifts OK, has clean fluid that doesn’t smell burnt, it’s probably fine. It may have been rebuilt once. The 3.5L engine is reliable and isn’t an interference engine in that year. If it’s cheap, I’d say go for it. I have a 1994 LHS with the same powertrain with over 260K miles. The transmission has been rebuilt.

The ‘whirring’ noise could just mean there’s rust on the brake rotors if it’s been sitting for a while, or the rotors could be warped, a wheel bearing could be bad, the pads could be worn, etc. As with any used car purchase, I’d inquire as to what’s been replaced, and get it checked out if you can.