1990 f150

hey guys I here that you all can help.
I have a 1990 F150 4x4 and I’m having a bit of an issue with the rubber brake line. every time my friend take it out he says the brake line is rubbing against the tire. is this possible and if so how can I fix it?

If it’s rubbing on the tire, than either the bracket is bent, the wrong line was used as a replacement at some point in the car’s life, the wheels are not the original offset, or the tires are of a greater section width than the OEMs… or a combination of two or more of the above.

1990 4X4, eh? I’ll bet lunch the tires are oversize. Maybe the wheels too. Can you read the size on the sidewall and post it?

By the way, you absolutely must change that brake line. Consider it unsafe. Check the others out too for chafing and for cracks and signs of weakness. 24 years is long enough to begin to consider replacing critical elastomeric parts.

Gotta agree. Don’t forget to keep those lines on the hose straight when installing a new line.

Have you not looked under the truck to see for yourself @adondria42? It would be worth your time to do so.

It’s hard to see how the rubber brake line could rub against the tire unless the tire size had been changed from what it came with from the factory, or the brake line had been replaced with one longer or otherwise different than the factory version, or something else associated with this brake line or wheel had been changed/damaged at some point.

So yes it is possible, but there must be an explanation for it.

And it is almost certainly possible to fix by returning all the equipment to the way the vehicle came from the factory.