1989 Saab 900 turbo

I found my Saab in a garage. I was told about this car a year ago and finely had a chance to call the guy. The car looks great, minus the dust, mouse poo, and smell. I’m not sure when the last time it was driven. It has all the records and was well kept until sometime in 2005, until it was put away in storage. It’s had 3 previous owners and they all kept excellent records. (The car came from Cali., then Indiana, now Ohio. It was sold on e-bay.) The battery was connected and of course, dead. So, I replaced the battery. I have power but the car just, “clicks” in the front of the car when I turn the key. It sounds like it was coming from the Boost Pressure Valve. I was thinking it would be from the starter since it had been sitting in a garage for so long. Any suggestions? I’m totally new at this and I am finding myself really interested in this car. I want to get it running and clean again. It’s like it’s been waiting for someone to find it and take care of it. Please help!

If it’s just clicking, then either the starter is not engaging with the flywheel ring gear or the engine is frozen solid. Remove the spark plugs, squirt a bit of oil in the cylinders, and see if you can turn the engine by hand with the plugs out. If not, then the engine is frozen. If it turns freely, then the problem is the starter not engaging or turning.

Post back with the results.