15,000 miles with 3 owners?

Hey guys I’m looking at a 19 plate Vauxhall Crossland X on Cazoo which has 15,000 miles but 3 previous owners.

Something to worry about? Not sure as I’ve not brought many cars. Any help is greatly appreciated!

It’s had 3 services. Two at Official dealer a year apart 6,000 miles then 12,000 and one 6 months later at 15,000

Hard to say, we didn’t get these here in the US but from reviews it wouldn’t suprise me if someone decided to trade it back after a short while. Cazoo is very similar to Carvana which is brings the car to you but you’re paying more for the car sight unseen.

Got ya ty for the reply. What do you mean from the reviews?

Autocar and Top Gear both suggested there were better choices in the class, just ok in many areas with some complaints about the ride and general quality.

Three owners, 15K miles, me thinks a lemon.

5 Likes

Sorry mate im not following lol

A lemon is a car with problems that can’t be repaired, if that’s what you aren’t following. If Cazoo is like US equivalents, they will let you return the car if it isn’t satisfactory. I think the grace period is something like 2 weeks. If you take delivery, make an appointment with a shop you trust to have it evaluated as close to delivery as possible. Make sure the shop knows the circumstances and that you have only 2 weeks or so to make a final decision. Ideally the test will take no more than one workday. This would normally be done before purchase but that isn’t possible here.

2 Likes

It’s a 7 day return policy, this is the UK version of Carvana where you pay for the car and have a week to change your mind for any reason. 90 day mechanical warranty with optional extended warranties and service contracts.

Something to worry about? Duh.

Alright mate no need to be a twat

2 Likes

I bought my Lexus IS with 30,000 miles. The dealer offered me two free oil changes. The car had just gotten serviced before it was sold to me but me being a paranoid buyer wanted the dealer to change the oil after 1000 miles of driving it.

4 months or so later I requested the car oil to be changed again despite having driven only about 2000 miles.

So there you have it. Some buyers out there are not really car knowledgeable. And are often out there doing stupid stuff ( me included ).

My friend’s wife bought a Mercedes suv and died within a couple months later. The car had to be returned to the dealer. So that’s another thing to look out for.

I turned to CarTalk community for guidance in caring for my car. So now I don’t do things to my car before consulting the knowledgeable ones here.

1 Like

I think that should be twit but whatever some folks here agree with you. Sometimes the question though is the answer is all. Blue skies and level flight.

4 years old, with only 15,000 miles and 3 owners??? You have to ask yourself why not one, not two, but three people got rid of this vehicle after putting less than 15,000 miles onto it–and why they were each willing to take a financial loss to be rid of it. (Hint: there is probably some intermittent problem, which no one can diagnose or fix.)

1 Like

Similar examples on the site have fewer owners but no service history, a few one owner examples with recent services as well.

I work on 5 cars each day, the number of owners doesn’t worry me. Many start out as a lease, then a Goldilocks or two. There are some on this message board that gave up a new vehicle because they didn’t like the seats.

1 Like

+1
A MAJOR red flag, IMO…

1 Like