07 Nissan Altima Hybrid wont start on rainy days

I have a 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid that usually runs really well. I get my oil changed and my tires rotated at the recommended times.
Now that the rainy season is upon us, I’m having a hard time starting my car. It starts sometimes, but not all the time. Heavier rains seem to decrease the likelihood of starting, though sometimes it starts just fine, rain or shine.

It’s got a push button start. I’ve recently replaced the battery in the key. When I try to start the car, it acts like I’ve pressed “on” without holding down the brake. The lights and the radio come on, but the engine doesn’t start.

Please Help.

The problem usually has to do with the ignition system…plug wires, spark plugs or coils. The most common complaint is caused by the spark plug wires because they are easily affected by the moisture on a rainy day. I’l bet their overdue a change anyway.

Usually it’s wires in this situation, but you have coil on plug. You could have a bad coil shorting out in the rain. Next time have someone look while you try to start it. It’s better to look when it’s kind of dark. You may be able to see the spark coming from a cracked coil. Is the check eng light on?

Does it crank ok? You know, that rrrr rrrr rrr sound just before it catches and runs?

If it isn’t cranking, maybe all you hear is a click sound, but no rrr rrr rrrr, the problem might not have to do with it being rainy, but b/c it is cold; i.e. something to do w/the battery might be the problem.