07" Gmc Envoy vibration in front end

I have had mt envoy since 01/22/07 It has been back to the shop 3 times, for a vibration that they tell me they don’t feel. every other day At speeds over 55 the entire front end shakes so badly it feels as thought the tires are going to fall off, then when you hit the brakes the entire truck bucks. The vibration continues for how ever long and then it just goes away. Does anyone have any idea what this may be. Its not alignment or tire pressure, or the stering box, the delaer says they checked those things. (so they say)

Tyre balance?

It’s under warranty (I would imagine.) It’s up to the dealer to fix it right, for free. Even if it’s not resolved and the warranty expires, it’s still up to the dealer to fix the problem, since it was reported within the warranty period.

Now, my guess would be tire balance, also.

You might try asking this question over on the Trailblazer/Envoy site- http://forums.trailvoy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

that was the first hing they checked, It’s not the tire balance. Any other suggestions??

You are right it is under warrenty. THe problem is when i take it to the dealership they think im crazy because they say it never happens when they have the truck. Which i do find hard to belive. The last time it was in the shop they couldn’t find anything wrong swore it was safe to drive and then not even a half hour later the truck did it again.

They may be hoping you won’t keep pressing them and claim in a year (or whenever) that the warranty is expired - they may then ‘suddenly’ find the problem and want to charge you to fix it. But as mr. anonymous posted, ask at a vehicle specific site, as they may know right away what the problem is, if it’s a common issue on these vehicles. Good luck.

Just had a thought - are the lug nuts tight? I suppose it’s possible that if they aren’t properly tightened, then the wheel could vibrate at speed. Just a long shot, but it wouldn’t hurt to check.

Are you with the tech when your vehicle is checked out? If not, you should be.

Somebody’s not doing their job.