06 Trailblazer just up and dies

Never did that until now and the door actuator has had the issues since a few weeks ago

You know, you may want to run a carfax on this vehicle before throwing too much $$ at it.

You might have missed where I mentioned that I already bought the vehicle

Have already had a carfax . And I got this vehicle because it was from a reputible dealership and its what I could afford. Couldn’t afford a $300/month car payment so I bought it with cash

No flood or salvage title?

Jeremy , how would Vipergg know that ?

No there isnt but why would salvage matter

Doesnt list either of those on the report

Because salvage title would indicate serious accident and reconstruction, a possible pandora’s box for electrical gremlins. Can you, one more time, tell us the symptoms? Forget the A/C piece.

Was driving it home the other day the AC fan stops blowing in the front and the battery light then comes on and the message in the dash said “battery not charging”. Then like 10 seconds of that being on the ABS and brake light come on and it starts making a beeping sound. Then the battery,and brake lights disappear. And then when I am pulling in to my driveway they all come back on. So then I shut it off and try to get it started and it starts but then those lights come back on and then also the “no airbag” light pops up now too but as soon as I put it in reverse they shut off. So then I try again and this time it won’t turn over and a minute later everything electrical stops working. No lights,no AC,no windows,no seats,no lights on the dash…nothing. I am thinking maybe the battery just needs to be charged so I hook it up and wait for a little bit etc(this next part might be wrong I can’t remember) and I start it and it turns over and starts so I rev the engine a little bit but still no electrical comes on in the inside no lights no blower no windows no seat the dash wont light up. Whats the issue with this if anyone can help The vehicle now will start only after I ised jumper cables and run but nothing electrical works inside. No windows,dash wont light up,no AC,no power seats etc.

So then I decided yesterday to try cleaning around the battery(battery looks good no corrosion etc/rust). So did that and tried to start the vehicle and the headlights came on yet it wouldn’t start BUT the lights on the dash finally came back on. But since it wouldn’t start I hooked jumper cables to the battery and the vehicle started fine(the shifter was able to be moved to reverse etc) so I unhooked the jumper pack but after 5 seconds the same thing happened the ABS/NO BRAKE light came on and then all the lights on the dash went out. I go to start the vehicle and nothing it wont start.

What could be the issue here? I don’t suspect it could really be the battery because would that really make the lights in the dash not work?

Could it be that blown 125 fuse or the alternator?

I don’t see how the alternator either because once the jumper pack was on the vehicle started and was fine idling etc. Bit maybe the alternator since that makes the electrical lights etc dash inside work

Sure seems like battery/charging to me. Take it to a shop and have them load test battery and check alternator. Some advance auto stores can check alternator also.

No stores open today taking to mechanic tomorrow I dont get how it could be the battery as there is no corrosion and it starts fine when the jumper cable is put on and then the alternator takes over and it was running ok until the keys were taken out. The battery is only used to start the vehicle though it has nothing to do with supplying power to the electrical inside

That may be your best solution but don’t be surprised if there is a diagnostic fee involved . The shop just can’t afford for a mechanic and their expensive diagnostic machines to be used for free.

1 Like

No . . . the battery is the foundation of the car’s electrical system

If it’s bad . . . all bets are off and you may see all sorts of weird electrical problems

I talk it to a mechanic I have known for many years so it’s fine. What I don’t get is why the dealership couldn’t find an issue when I took it to them with AC not blowing and the “service stabilitrack” light on. They told me that they didnt see a code for the stabilitrack but 2 dayslater the light has came on and off several times since I bought it

From what I see on the outside and connections attatched to the battery there are no issues. No corrosion etc

Ugh… Take it to a good Indy shop where you can actually meet and talk to the owner…and hopefully that owner has dirty hands.

This is a systemic Issue with the battery and its connections as the others have stated… It would be pretty easy to diagnose something so widespread like this for any competent mechanic.

2 Likes

Let us know what they tell you.

Screw “sounds like”, find someone to test battery/charging system. Takes 5 minutes.

So I tried that charging it. Charged it for quite a while started up fine and ran then I shut it off. Tried starting it again right after that and nothing