04 Mazda 6 Engine code reading P2402 evaporative system leak high discharge

I have had issues for over a week now first problem check engine light not sure of the code but the mechanic said it was the spark plugs and vaccum leak hose (which I knew about the hose). $205.00 later replaced all 6 plugs and hose. Now today on way to work I’m getting that hesitation when in lower gear such as stopping and then accelerating it jerks some it was doing this alot before replacing the plugs. We did a diagnostic code reader and it said the code P2402 I did read it could be my gas cap which I don’t have a dealer gas cap on there now I did about 1 yr 1/2 ago but got a lock key gas cap instead. I have been doing some reading I would need to replace leak detection pump which apparently costly in repair. BTW car has 119,000 miles I communte far from work 5 days a week. My car is very important part of my life!
I did also read someone stated there was a recall on Mazda 6 wondering do I need to call the dealership to see if this is actual recall and I can cross my fingers get this fixed on them.
Desperately Need Help!

“I did also read someone stated there was a recall on Mazda 6 wondering do I need to call the dealership to see if this is actual recall and I can cross my fingers get this fixed on them.”

There is not a car make or model that has never been recalled, so there is undoubtedly a recall (or multiple recalls) relating to your '04 Mazda.
Do any of those recalls actually relate to the problem that you are having?
Perhaps yes, perhaps no.
Only by calling the Mazda dealer will you know for sure.

First, copy down the car’s VIN, then phone the service department at the Mazda dealership, read the VIN to them, and ask if there are any open recalls on your car. Maybe you will luck out.

What is this hose you mentioned? Is it part of the evaporative emissions system?
Don’t get tempted to throw parts at the car, unless it’s a fuel cap and you get the light cleared for free.
Have a dealer mechanic diagnose it. They have access to the latest technical service bulletins for your car. It might even be fixed with a software flash.

Engine PCM fault P2402; “Evap system leak detection control circuit high”. The PCM has detected a high load current in this circuit.

Mazda recall 3205G may correct this problem;

On some 2004 MAZDA6 vehicles equipped with 3.0 liter engines, the pump control circuit failure detection ability may be lower than required regulations due to the initial design of the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) evaporative emission leak monitoring system circuit. If this failure occurs, the vehicle does not meet the OBD-II requirements.”

Check with your Mazda dealer to see if your vehicle has incomplete recalls.