'03 Ford Focus RPM/Speedometer Issue

I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX5 automatic with 143k miles on it. Recently I’ve run into a problem with the speedometer and RPM gauges dropping down to 0, no reading. It is an intermittent problem and has no logical connection to any of the other functions of the vehicle (it can happen while the car is idling, in motion, upon startup, etc etc.) Everything else on the instrument cluster works perfectly fine, (odometer still reads correctly and works, gas gauge is fine, etc). I’m thinking maybe it is an electrical issue since the car seems to be in fine working condition other than that, even when it drops out. The gauges won’t start reading again until I start the car up…and sometimes that is not a guarantee. I use this vehicle to commute locally 4 days a week and I’ve already put a lot of money into new components for the vehicle. Any ideas as to what the problem might be? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Very common problem. Here is a link to guide you. http://www.autoserviceprofessional.com/article/91503/Chasing-common-electrical-problems-with-the-Ford-Focus

Thank you! I’ll check into it.