02 sebring badly shakes under acceleration and braking

It’s one of the reasons that I will never complain about yearly auto inspections - even if the processes are imperfect. (I have yet to see the perfect system). I’m not going to tell anyone else how much risk to take for themselves. But this stuff creates risk for everyone on the roadways.

35 mile tow is $125? Heck, any tow is $75+. But thancar is home and still broke. I think 900 for ballpoint repair is high but maybe u need to change control arm so that’s why it’s pricey?

$900 is what was paid for the car, not an estimate for a ball joint.

Thank you every one for the advice. I got it checked today and it was a bad ball joint. Got it fixed and ride is nice and smoothe now

Thanks for getting it fixed and not injuring yourself or anyone else.

After getting the ball joint replaced it still shakes although not nearly as bad. Culrpit appears to be 4 pretty bent rims. Time to hit the local salvage yard but. Atleast i know my suspension is in good shape now and my vehicle is safe

Sorry I did not see the fix.

You can also check craigslist - lots of people sell wheels and/or part out cars. You can probably get a better deal, though some time and patience may be required

All 4 rims bent? Talk about ridden hard! I’m glad you paid very little for this car. I see more repairs from negligent maintenance in your future.

Ya. A couple of them have large gouges in them too. Oh and bad tires as well

Wow, got yourself a real creampuff there. Previous owner was a little old lady who only drove it to church, right? :wink:

You know. When your kinda trapped and need a car and are limited on money. $900 For a car in good shape with a couple problems is not bad. You try to find a car for $900 in perfect condition

Can’t be done, I know. :wink:

I’m finding it hard to believe that all 4 wheels are bent. Besides, a bent wheel will be there all the time - and not just under acceleration and braking. It ought to be there when coasting, too.

I’m betting it is something else - and I’m sticking with my original diagnosis - CV joint.

And I recommend you get another opinion.