'02 Mazda Tribute Cranks but no start, no fuel pressure or fuel pump will operate

Ok so i disconnected the transmission range sensor and the buzzing sound stopped. Not sure yet if its the ECM that’s not activating the fuel prime or pump

Update: i have finally gotten fuel pressure at the rail since replacing the fuel rail as the fuel pressure regulator (if its even called that) is located on that fuel supply line. It does infact start now everytime nut now its stumbling so bad it cuts off after about 2 seconds. All theplugs are good and replaced the PVC since it needed it but is very difficult to get to since its in a horrible location.
Not sure what to do next and could really use some assistance if anyone has any suggestions to get me to the cause. Thanks All

I found out later on that my multimeter battery was near dead and wasnt giving accurate readings. After changing the battery its now reading around 13.5 and 15 if freshly charged.

1 Like

I had a Honda that would run for 2 seconds and quit. It is a long, funny story which I won’t repeat. It turned out to be two vacuum hoses reversed.
I am totally guessing about your problem, but to me, it sounds like your fuel problem is not yet totally resolved. Remember that pressure does not mean flow.

1 Like

This is gonna sound confusing but i spent the day testing the fuel everything…and even though i had pressure at the rail finally and electrical tested everything from the distribution box down to prime power i should have been getting the pump to actually activate and didn’t so i decided to test the pump again and couldn’t get it to power on when jumping it so i pulled it again and used both my drill battery and my 12v jump box to try and activate the pump…NO DICE!!! It came on once for a second and stopped. Its a nice OEM pump from 2016 and by all accounts looks good and should be operating properly but it would stay on and now im thinking its the main issue all along. I had tried 2 other pumps from junkyard but those are much older and could have both been compromised already. Im ordering a new pimp as soon as i can afford one that’s mich cheaper than the auto parts stores. Im curious if this is the problem…when it would start and i would try to gas it nothing would happen and cut off after stumbling a second or 3. My injectors do work the way they are supposed to and the plugs are good also. I was starting to believe it was vacuum related but all connections are good. It just feels like it wouldn’t get the correct amount of gas to get to a full roar and idle. As if it were starving…:thinking:

• fuel pump wouldn’t stay on…

Just my two cents but the shop told me they had two Delco pumps right out of the box that failed. OTOH evidently pumps don’t like to be test run so who knows if they wrecked them or not but finally got one to work-for a year.

1 Like

She’s FIXED!!!..Fuel pump was infact the issue and after 5 bad ones i found a good one👍

1 Like

Running Perfectly at the moment and i cleaned off so much carbon from using about 5 cans of carb cleaner and switched out a few sensors and a part here and there. Thank you to everyone for offering your info and experiences. It definitely helped :slightly_smiling_face:

Big THANKS to oldnotdeadyet! I do appreciate your insight and opinion!