My car is in great shape. Want insurance Co to take back salvage tagging of my car

An adjuster totaled the car (irreparable), but AutoSource was used to determine market value. Just google it.:wink:

And I know for a FACT State Farm in NH and MA uses NADA for vehicle evaluation. Vehicle evaluation doesn’t vary much from one source to another. Condition and mileage are the biggest factors.

I think most of the regulars here know all about title laundering, but I hadn’t been planning on mentioning it because OP might go and actually do it.

Fortunately, this is one area where Carfax can actually be useful, as you can use title laundering to remove the “salvage” mark from the current title but you cannot scrub previous “salvage” marks from the entire history of the record. So this car will be reported as salvaged, and if a future buyer is smart enough to dig into the title history, they’ll see that even if OP does decide to play with title fraud.

"Having vehicles go through flood and heavy situations is on itself a different topic"
The subject of the comment was title washing. But you can choose to be offended if you wish. It’s no sweat off my brow.

“I grow fatigued”.

You flat don’t get it. The reason for a salvage title is irrelevant. I asked you what your opinion would be if you bought a car and discovered a year or so later that the car had a washed title.
You either don’t understand or you don’t like the answer the question will require.

The state has done nothing wrong.
The insurance company has done nothing wrong.
You can snivel and whine until hell freezes over and the end result will not change. Ever. Never.

I’m out of this one.

This thread is starting to resemble a famous novel by Cervantes, “D Q”, for short. Tilting at windmills might not be possible for OP but he’s found a good substitute…

Have a nice day

You guys are so funny. You guys lose it and start melting down. Have a nice day !

@cdaquila Carolyn, this might be a good occasion to see if a thread can be closed because it has gone past it’s sell date.

1 Like

I agree, Carolyn. This guy’s just trying to start a fight at this point. He’s not getting answers he likes, and so he’s decided to turn troll.

Any objective person reading this thread can determine who is the aggressor (s)

Have a nice day.

Have a nice day.

State Farm may use different sources in different states. In Minnesota they told me that they used three different sources for value (and then compared them, averaged them, took the high, low-I don’t know) but used three comparable valuations before arriving at the final figure.

Based on that one link, I think the problem may have been the time he spent arguing with the insurance company. That allowed them to re-title the car and get a new title with the salvage title on it. If he just would have taken the payment and let them deduct the scrap/buy back value, it may not have gone to DMV for a new title. Of course maybe he was required to notify DMV anyway but I never was. In South Dakota even, the police give you a tag that allows a shop to work on it. Otherwise a body shop won’t touch it. At least in 1968.

I agree though this has gone stale. Like the Follett trilogy that I’m still waiting to get snowed in for a week to read it.