Mice love our Prius

Thanks to everyone for all the great suggestions. We will certainly cover the fresh air inlet snorkel with some screen mesh as suggested by TwinTurbo as well as try some of the other suggestions to try to protect the wiring as best we can. To Common Sense Answer: mice don’t power our car, hamsters do. Everyone knows that. ( :

Aren’t hamsters just the Kardashians of the mouse family?

I thought hamsters powered Kia Souls

The difference with Prius is that the mice have access to the inside of the car. I have had mice problems in AC and wiring, but never inside the car. I think this is a Prius fault. Even the steering wheel has cloth near it unlike my Toyota Tacoma. I wonder I’d a snake could get in the mice access areas. We have rattlers that will follow mice where they go. I am actually more afraid of this then I am of the mice.

The mouse problem is the reason we bought a Yaris instead. The mice read the name and start to laugh. You can see them squeaking to each other. They’re thinking “Man, that name is even sillier than Prius”. By that time I catch them and tell them to leave before I call the farmer’s wife. They laugh even harder and tell me “then you’ll have to sell us wholesale because we can’t be retailed”. Then they run off asking why my Tundra says TURD on the side of it. Do whatever it takes to get rid of those little twerps.