Epoxy/silicon to fix breather hose?

I am still trying to figure out how George is going to fix the OP’s problem with a 4 inch diameter dryer hose.

If it is a BREATHER hose…meaning it is for the PCV system… you could fix it with Rhino Dung if the mood struck you… Or just grab a piece of rubber hose with the proper ID to slip the two halves of your breather hose into…kindof like a connection piece if you will. If it is a breather hose it is for the gases that are coming out of your engine…thats one thing. If it is an INTAKE hose…thats a different story. You dont want to repair a hose where the flow of air is entering the engine…as Tester mentioned some materials are not sensor safe…but a hose leading out of the engine? doesnt matter really… anything that would do the job will work. You need to decide if this tube carries gasses away…or INto your engine…then repair with the proper material. A piece of rubber hose as i mentioned will be safe for either application as it is basically the same as what you have currently

Blackbird

^+1 - this is a VERY non-critical hose. My current idea would be to find the largest diameter aluminum or copper tubing that would just slip inside, put a length of it in there, and secure it with two hose clamps.

Yes, Honda, but rhino dung outgasses terribly… {:slight_smile:

It sure does…TSM…it sure does.

:neutral:

@“VOLVO V70” writes

"I am still trying to figure out how George is going to fix the OP's problem with a 4 inch diameter dryer hose."

Volvo, semi rigid aluminum foil hose is sold in more than one diameter. For example

http://www.51aluminum.com/product_83273/Semi-rigid-aluminum-foil-flexible-hose-aluminium-foil-flexible-duct-hose-air-conditioning.html

Available Diameters(inches): 50mm - 300mm(2’‘-14’')

Lots and lots of adapters.

How Old And How Rare Is This Vehicle? How Difficult Is It To Obtain The Part From The Manufacturer? How Much Does It Cost? Why Is It Necessary To Mickey-Mouse The Broken One?

Just thinking out loud… Oh, wait… wasn’t that the kind of car Columbo drove and weren’t his windshield wipers screwed up or something? Maybe parts are impossible?

CSA

I read an article on Columbo’s Peugeot a while back. Apparently they had a terrible time keeping that thing running.

For heavens sake just put a piece of heater house and a couple clamps on it. That ought to hold for at least a couple years. And even if it doesn’t, it’s Peugeot the OP needs to get used to fixing things on this constantly.

I suspect OP doesn’t live in the USA

I also suspect Peugeot parts and service are available in his country

:relaxed: