Chevy 2008 impala Oil leak at the robber hose crimp point to the metal end at the oil cooler unit

my mom’s car is a 2008 chevy impala police car. This police car has an extra oil cooler unit. the rubber hose is leaking oil right at the point where the rubber is crimped to the metal end connection nut. since this is a police car the rubber hose is very expensive at the dealer (over $300 for the part only).
Is there a cheap way to seal this leak with some form of heat resistant tape or glue compound ? or, can I cut the existing rubber hose and remove the leaking end & replace with a 3rd party rubber hose with the correct end and then join the two rubber hoses at the cut portion together with some creative scheme like a metal tube insert with metal tie wrap clamps? Please let me know of any cheap creative solution that i can deploy to stop this oil leak. Thanks for your recommendations.

@maxzi

Those creative solutions don’t really work

I suggest you pony up for the factory oil cooler hose, or get a decent aftermarket part.

Another solution is to take the oil cooler hose assembly to one of those shops that specialize in making hoses. It’ll be a lot cheaper than a brand new genuine GM part.

FWIW . . . oil cooler hoses commonly start to leak after several years. This is by no means a GM specific problem. And they always leak behind the crimp. It’s one of the costs of owning any car.

Remove the hose and most NAPA autoparts stores can fabricate a new hose. It will be similar to a power steering hose, fabricated the same way…

Agree with Caddyman. NAPA makes hoses.

ditto, take it to a hose building place.
That factory crimped collar is just a machine shortcut for a worm style clamp. It can be cut off and a worm clamp used in its place…if the hose is not the leak culprit.
The assembly line frowns on workers needing to actually pick up a tool ( like screwdriver ) and use it, so machines produce sub-assemblies like that which other machines can assemble onto larger sub-assemblies which plop right into place and … IF… a worker has to pull down a pneumatic wrench from the ceiling, it is merely to zap in the sub-assembly to the vhicle…unless a robot does it.
YOU can rebuild these things where time and sub-assemblies are no longer an issue.

Thank you all for advising me. I really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks to db4690, Caddyman, Bing & ken Green .

@maxzi

You’re welcome

Please let us know what happens