Chevy Colorado intermittent starting problem

The passlock is better off bypassed than repaired, as I’ve heard of people with several different modules going.

I never had this with my 2006 Colorado, but my engine went at 78k…ouch

@rick49

Then GM would have to recall virtually EVERY vehicle sold in recent times.

That’s not going to happen

1 Like

I paid the dealership $750 to change two solenoids, which they assured me would solve the intermittent starting issues with my 2006 Colorado. It didn’t. I took it back and they said it would cost another $750 to change two other solenoids. I passed. I took to a local mechanic, who charged $200 to assess the issue, and they said it is a common problem with Chevys during that time frame. I called the GM customer service, and they said 2006 is too old for any free services.
After 6 years of weekly, sometimes daily torture with this issue, I just recently experimented with Ethanol stabilizing treatment in the tank. It’s going on two weeks now, and it turns right over every time. Give that a shot.

1 Like

So this started happening to my 07 just last week. What you are saying makes sense. It happened with my 97 jeep Cherokee. A local mech said it seems to be bad gas

I’ve been having this same problem since I bought my 04 two years ago. Always happens at the most inopportune times. Anybody solve this ever?

Continuing the discussion from Chevy Colorado intermittent starting problem:

I’d sure like to see this thread end with an answer. I just bought an 06 Canyon in pristine condition. 2 weeks later and It’s sitting in my driveway and won’t start. I intend to look into this passlock, but does anyone have a more direct answer as to what fixes this problem? Thanks