Catalytic Converter Cali emissions?

@keith I said a bad MAF could be the cause of the codes. Yeah, I said it

However . . .

If I thought a dirty MAF could be the cause of all the codes, I would have used the words “dirty MAF” . . . not “bad MAF”

You may have misinterpreted what I read. Or perhaps you thought I meant dirty MAF. But I didn’t

What I"m going to say next is not meant to be critical of you, or anybody in particular

It kind of frustrates me that there are many people out there that think there is no such thing as a bad MAF. Some people think the only thing that could go wrong is that it’s dirty, and cleaning will solve all the problems. Unfortunately, that is often just not the case

If I was pretty confident that all the codes were caused by a dirty MAF, then I would have recommended to OP to clean it

Since I wasn’t pretty confident that was the case, I didn’t recommend a cleaning

Maybe you thought you knew what I meant . . . ?

OK I missed the word might. I know you said bad MAF and I know that MAFs can go bad, I have had one go bad on me recently, but I clean them first. Then if that doesn’t work, then its off to get a new one.

The fact is that I have a can of MAF cleaner that has cleaned up about a half dozen MAF issues and saved me the cost of a new MAF in each of those cases so it really costs me nothing to try, at least until the can goes dry.

It is just my nature to try to clean. adjust, lubricate before I replace any parts. I can’t count the number of times where that was all that was needed. But I only maintain my own and my families vehicles, I don’t work as a professional mechanic.

You are looking at this from a different perspective. I can take the chance that that if the cleaning, adjusting, lubricating only works for a week or two and I eventually have to replace a part. You can’t as your customers will expect that you will fix the problem and it will stay fixed.

Edit: A P0102 can be caused by a dirty MAF because the dirt/oil insulates the sensor making it think that the air flow is lower than it really is, that can also cause the fuel trim codes. A P0100 is a bad MAF sensor and cleaning won’t help.

@keith Thanks for the info

Thanks for the perspectives from both sides… I decided to go with replacement since I have no idea what the car’s real hx is. At least I know for sure it’s new for me now. Part is due to arrive in the next few days.