Ford Freestyle Transmission Problem

This thread has been idle for a long time. Has anyone found any fixes?

Here’s my story. Our 2005 Freestyle started to have odd transmission behavior (wouldn’t move, or would inch along at very high rpm). Shutting it off and restarting it always cleared the engine and/or transmission light and it would drive fine, for a long time. I miss those days.

The transmission has been at AAMCO for a long time. Over the course of 3 months it has been back 6 times, often for weeks, and the transmission has been pulled 3 times. As of this writing, its been 2 weeks…so far! They had to find parts 1500 miles away, they’ve replaced the control board in the transmission twice.

Each time they thought they fixed it only to have me get it up to 45mph and bang! The trans. light and engine light come on. Same issue as everyone else, high-rev’ing. no power, clunky. One of the “clunks” cost us a motor mount.

After many attempts, AAMCO is trying the same stuff all over again. This is all done under the warranty (after spending nearly $6k) but we need to have it working. They thought they fixed it once, and we drove it 5k miles, but it leaked a little (it’s a sealed transmission). We’re back to square one.

If anyone has any advice I can give to AAMCO, please share. Thanks!