GoSmart automotive smartphone accessory is ironically named

I bought a cell phone and a plan when I got my first boat. I figured I’d probably never be more than the phone’s distaqnce limitation from the antennea’s (I was right), and if anything happened, swimming while pulling a boat would prove to be very, very difficult.

Since then, I’ve kept that phone, gotten another for the wife, and use them all the time. It’s my primary form of communication (except computers). I’ve found that not using a headset should be a crime and not using the phone at all makes for some extremely long, boring drives. I regularly go on trips of up to 2200 miles at a shot. Without companionship (even of the voice on the side of my head style), leads to some really boring trips, and my buddies help keep me alert, too, which just goes to make me safer for myself and everyone else.

If you don’t use one, I have no problems with that. I don’t think anyone should have problems with people using them…with limitations (hedsets, no school zones, no texting).

I think the little device in this article is a stupid idea. It could easily interfere with your handling of the vehicle in an emergency situation, and definitely interfere with viewing your guages. But that’s just my opinion.

Chase