Crunching Noise in Chrysler Town & Country over bumps and through turns

Unfortunately the minivan platform has this issue. Hey Chrysler, let’s pick up the quality of this front suspension and the transmission please! (Some Transmission modifications have been made) Having said that, A crunching sound is often associated with bad struts when heard while turning steering. A loose clunk sound up front is usually a stabilizer link. Both of these items are simply made cheap from Chrysler. They just don’t last. I agree with two things I have read earlier. One is that it does appear that a “shotgun” approach was made by changing struts and links. If this was in fact done, it would have taken care of either sound. The second thing said was to go back to the mechanic and let them know that after trusting them to correct the problem, and hundreds of dollars paid to them, the problem still exists. They should stand behind it without any further cost, regardless of the problem. Because either they replaced things that weren’t needed, or they didn’t properly install what you paid for. Now having said that, it would behoove any driver of the minivan, to be conscientious of driving habits. Do what you want, but I suggest the following to help reduce stress and wear on front ends. Go SLOWER on bumpy roads and make “convenient” efforts to avoid chuck holes by watching out for them. I say convenient because you don’t want to drive all over the road and cross the center line into traffic obviously, but too often we drive oblivious to road conditions and force our vehicle to just withstand it. Secondly, one of the hardest stresses on front ends is when we have our wheels turned and come down hard on the front end when pulling out of driveways from businesses etc that have a dip where the drive joins the road. That heavy lunge downward while the wheels are turn is a great way to overstress everything in the front end, from tires, struts, links, ball joints and idler arm. And hey since I am such a blunt suggester not shy to share my thoughts, the same is true with brakes. I recommend slowing down sooner, letting off the gas sooner and braking sooner. You’ll save gas and prolong the life of your brake pads and rotors and drums significantly. Try not to be a driver that is either on the gas or the brake. Happy driving!! Doug