Dip Stick broken

Removing the dipstick tube to get the broken dipstick out is by far the best way to solve this problem, however, on some cars you have to remove an exhaust manifold or some of the belt driven accessories to get to the bolt or bolts which secure the dipstick to the engine. I’m not one to stick things together with bubble gum or rig things up when there is an obvious solution or it needs to be fixed properly. I was merely trying to provide a solution to this problem which anybody can accomplish with minimal frustration and minimal financial expenditure. Depending on the car and the engine option, removing the dipstick could be a weekend project. My method will take 15 minutes and solve the problem. Removing the dipstick tube would be my first choice, but if I could have the tube out in less than an hour, I would just remove the tube. When I posted my suggestion, removing the dipstick tube did not cross my mind and tester had not updated his post to include that suggestion.

As a side note, I rarely use J-B Weld myself, but when I have, I have found it to be quite good for repairing something in a pinch. The last time I used it, it was to repair a thermostat housing on a mid '80s Cadillac with a 4.4L V8. The owner broke it trying to remove the housing without taking the water pump off, which is impossible to do on this motor. The main reason for using the J-B Weld was that the part could not be found, so I dealt with what I had. It worked and the owner of the car was happy with the results.