Nissan Rogue CVT fluid change

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of this 1000 dollars worth of work that is allegedly needed. You may or may not need some or all of this.

Should the trans fluid be changed? Yes, back at the 30k miles mark. You should not rely on sensors, on board reminders, or even the factory owners manual to tell you what should or should not be done as they have a vested interest in making car owners think their vehicles need little maintenance. PR at its finest.

As Caddyman says, wait until you see the price on a new transmission… :frowning:

My oldest son lives in another state and I’ve been telling him the same thing. His '07 vehicle has a CVT and I started telling him around the 25k miles mark the fluid needs to be changed at 30k miles. The car sits right now at about 55k miles and this service has not been performed yet.

No doubt that if the CVT drops dead at 75k miles there will be much whining about why it happened.
Comments about the timing belt also appear to have fallen on deaf ears and I’ve been accused by my wife and kids of being “too negative” more than once.
Par for the course; darken the rosy tint on the glasses and everything will be fine.