Damage from trucks

from truck drivers/companies who do not clean/secure their trucks/loads before hitting the road. So if all of these trucks are “Not responsible for items thrown from the road,” who is?

Er, these are two different issues you raise. If it falls from the truck, then it is not thrown from the road, is it?

Trucks without fenders or other protective measures around the tire are supposed to have “mud flaps” to prevent stones from being flung up off the roadway into your path. If the truck owner has taken all of the normal precautions, then the occasional thrown stone is considered a road hazard and your comprehensive coverage should cover your losses (assuming you have it).

If stones are falling from the bed of a dump truck, then I believe it is the truck driver’s responsibility for any damage. Although I know of one instance where the person who’s car was damaged was rebuffed in small claims court. I was amazed because I thought they had a good case for negligence against the trucking company. Goes to show, you never know…