Jill the nose picker hater

Alright… who is with me on this.

Jill is a self-righteous xxxx

If she has a husband, I feel so sorry for him. He must hear her complaints about trivial stuff all the time.

The fact that seeing someone pick their nose in their own car ruins the rest of her day tells us a lot about this woman.
Mind your own business Jill. Why are you trying to tell people what they can and can’t do in their own cars?

Am I a jerk? Or do others agree with me?

I’ve censored my profanities… in hopes that this topic can stay up and I hear some feedback.
I just couldn’t write this without those keywords. I apologize.

Men “cleanse their nares” in the car because the wife does not want buggars on the furniture. Men have the need to cleanse their nares because men do man stuff that creates man dust. Women probably do pick their noses, but only just before going to get a manicure, (then they have to clean their fingernails, (( clean the house before the maid comes)), and get sick, so they do it in the bathroom).
I have a friend who wanted to patent the “buggar board”, a piece of cloth that you velcro to the side of your car seat, easily removed for washing. Left or right side available for european cars, (as american women would not use one in a passenger seat).
I also refer you to an obscure Mason Williams recording called “Them nose pickers” for a musical rendition of this particular huMAN condition. I am searching for the record. I am sure the recording is over 30 years old. Keep on truckin’, Jaggard.

Hey, I hear your nose is on strike. Your getting ready to " pick it".
Got to be some more.

“Jill is a self-righteous xxxx”

For all we know, it is very possible that Jill WAS a self-righteous…whatever…

The Car Talk segment to which the OP is reacting is old–just like everything else that is replayed ad infinitum on these reruns. Who knows whether Jill is even alive at this point, many years after she phoned Tom & Ray?

Jill is ignoring an obvious fix: STOP looking in people’s cars! It’s their private space, and you are a Peeping Jill! While you wait for the light to change, look at scenery, twiddle with the radio, or check your makeup. Stay out of other cars.

"Jill is a self-righteous xxxx"

For all we know, it is very possible that Jill WAS a self-righteous…whatever…

The Car Talk segment to which the OP is reacting is old–just like everything else that is replayed ad infinitum on these reruns. Who knows whether Jill is even alive at this point, many years after she phoned Tom & Ray?

Sorry, I don’t listen very often, so I did not realize this was an old segment. Regardless… Jill is ridiculous. Then… and most likely still is.

Women DO pick their noses, but I think I can safely say in general, they do not go out with their noses full of boogars. This is one of the many reasons it takes women longer to get ready than it does men. They don’t just roll out of bed, throw on any old thing and jump in the car, grooming themselves as they drive, other than the occassional make-up touch up.

" I did not realize this was an old segment"

They’re ALL old segments.
Tom & Ray haven’t recorded anything new–other than promotional materials–for about 3 years.
If you listen on satellite radio, the display screen shows the original broadcast date, and it seems that I usually see dates somewhere between 1996 and 2003.

I never heard that particular segment but it’s kind of pathetic if nose-picking leads to someone being traumatized for life.

Along those lines, I remember watching a Monday Night football game one time about 20 or so years ago. The Philadelphia Eagles were playing someone (long forgot who) and during a lull in the action the camera panned around to fans in the stands.

The camera stopped on a well dressed, knock 'em dead gorgeous blond lady who was cheering for the home boys. A couple of seconds later she rammed her index finger clean up her nostril and a second or so later the camera cut away quickly.
One of the announcers at the time made a somewhat surprised in nature comment about “all the way to the knuckle…”.

Wonder if Jill is still in therapy like me… :slight_smile:

Hey there, it’s Jill responding to your comments about my call from the 90’s.
Are you kidding me? Why all the upset? Cartalk is a lighthearted show and I was being very lighthearted and thought the topic was hilarious. Traumatized, yep, you got me figured, I walk around each day just traumatized about this. I really don’t care about all you nose-pickers unless of course you have injured yourself while in the act, then I do care. I was just trying to have some fun with Tom and Ray. Lighten up . . . I realize my call wasn’t about anything cars, and OH! my, I was a bit off-topic and I see it really upset some people. I am one of the most non-serious people on the planet. Pick your noses to your content but be happy while doing so. Tom, Ray and I had a great time discussing the topic. By the way I made it to the Cartalk “BEST OF” so I know most people took it for what it was, a silly discussion and we all got to laugh really hard. What is better than that?

I know Tom is looking down upon us and I bet he is saying, “SHAME ON YOU FOR ATTACKING JILL LIKE THAT.” Love you Tom . . .

Over and out.

Jill

@Jillio since you just joined today…my bogus radar is going off big time. I have no idea if you are the real Jill or not. You might be Henry from Rhode Island or Patsy from Idaho. No accusations here but…I’m just saying.