Your tirecommendation for 2009 Camry Hybrid

In cold weather I want to inflate to the maximum pressure labeled on the tire, 44 PSI, to create the least rolling resistance to favor fuel economy.
Will such wear or damage the suspension components?

“Will such wear or damage the suspension components?”

Eventually, yes, and I think that this would be a good example of false economy.
Personally, I would trade slightly lower gas mileage for the probability that I would be much less likely to damage the ball joints if I drove the car with a more “normal” inflation pressure.

Incidentally, those excessively high tire pressures will also give you less traction on wintery road surfaces, but…it’s your car and your butt…

This is for driving on dry highways and interstates - which is almost all of its travel.
If we have snow in town, it’s easy to let air out to 40 PSI.
I wonder how the footprint differs between 35 doorjamb pressure and 40 and 44PSI.

Our firestones were bald at 40k on our suv. Perfectly worn. No odd wear. Just gone. We got new defenders. They ride no better. Feel the same. They do look good though. Like all new tires.

^ Drove the Expedition with tires always at 44PSI. At the end of tire life, the tread was only slightly worn more in the middle than outsides of tread.

Will such wear or damage the suspension components?

It’ll give you uneven wear on your tires. The vehicle will also have less traction (especially on dry pavement) and unstable. That is just plain foolish.

@RobertGift

I have seen plenty of vehicles that had heavy tread wear in the middle, because those 35psi tires were inflated to 44psi

My recommendation, again, is to go with what’s listed on the sticker

The 44psi on the sidewall is the maximum allowable for that tire, regardless of what it’s installed on

However, the door jamb sticker always trumps the max allowable pressure listed on the sidewall

Guys–Once again, we are trying to give logical and valid advice, based on both experience and expertise, to a forum member who asks for help and then invariably decides that his way of doing things is better than everyone else’s.

I don’t know about you, but I think that I won’t waste any more time trying to give good advice to Mr. Gift.