Yet another Ford problem

Well had that problem on a 2000 Focus(along with a myraid of other problems)-on the Focus it turned out to be a rubber tube that was connected in the PCV system(had a hard time getting the right one too,finally had to adapt one{it was a molded piece}-Kevin

Good to know. Just had the PCV tube replaced this last summer.

By the way …
you do not have a Ford problem…

you have a CAR problem !

"By the way …
you do not have a Ford problem…

you have a CAR problem ! "

That’s what I was thinking Ken!

Is it possible that the smell is not coming from your car? Maybe a nearby vehicle or just something in the area. I get that once in a while on several vehicles, but its not any of eh vehicles themselves. When you open the window, you realize its in the air there.

When it happens again, park it, get out, and sniff at the hood and cowling by the windshield. That way you will at least be able to tell if the problem is under the hood or coming from inside the cabin.

If the smell is coming from under the hood, pop the hood and look for any visible smoke, unusual noise, a belt slipping/burning on a pulley, etc. If you don’t smell it under the hood, but in the cabin, try to note when it’s occurring–is it only happening when you have your fan on high or low for example. Is it only when you’re using a certain electrical accessory, such as heated seats if you have them? Also sniff around under the car–you could have something rubber contacting a hot exhaust part.

“Burning smell when stopped & idling” would have been a better title for this thread.

No offense to all of you Ford lovers. Haven’t had as many problems with a car as I have with this Ford, not even the old beaters I used to drive in high school/ college… :slight_smile: To each their own I guess.

For God’s sake Ken, cease focusing on the way the OP chose to describe his problem and focus on the problem itself. If he wants to call it a Ford problem, it’s his free choice. Have you anything productive to offer?