Yellow "Passenger Air Bag Light" - what to do?

It’s a confidence issue. I’d need to know the paranoia level that the owners were expected to have. And it probably wouldn’t spoil my day, since while I’m not clinical, I’m clearly outside standard deviation when it comes to risk management :slight_smile:

Paranoia about what? Indoctrinating the reader to some cult?

It is an instruction manual on the care, feeding and operation of your car, a mindless machine. What’s to be paranoid about?

Risk management? The risk in taking it out of your driveway?

1 Like

Not reading the indicators correctly, and incurring a multi-hundred dollar car repair bill, or a $100 bill for just inspecting the situation. One reason to be sensitive to seemingly “tiny” risks is if you are taking lots of much bigger risks with small margins for error. The faster you drive, the more serious the speedbumps become.

Then brew a nice cup of tea or coffee, sit in a nice comfy chair, and mitigate that risk completely by reading your owners manual. The one written so a 5th grader can understand it.

That’s how @Nevada_545 answered your question. He read your owners manual for you.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate the CarTalk community being there to help poor fools like myself.

How was that done?

The year of this Camry was never revealed.

Tester

Maybe @Nevada_545 recognized the year from the dash configuration shown in the OP’s first post.

And then the picture on page 47 from the manual…

1 Like

Sometimes looking at the other threads a person has gives clues . In this case they turned one vehicle back to Carvana and ordered a 2014 Camry which this current vehicle might be.

Also jbj should pull the paper work for this post sale warranty to see what is covered , what is not and just how big the loop holes are.

1 Like

Well, just to be fair, I think we should acknowledge that some Owner’s Manuals are written on the 8th grade reading level. However, the reading level of the material doesn’t matter if people refuse to open the book.
:wink:

3 Likes

Should never have a baby in the front seats anyway .

Maybe I am too old told it was ok with a rear facing seat as long as the airbag was off.

The Carvana business model; vending machine storage, online buying, delivered on a dressed up wrecker.

What is missing is the sales staff to demonstrate the vehicle to the buyer. I have worked at several dealers that have staff members assigned to car delivery, to educate the buyer about the features of the vehicle.

I consulted my owners manual last week looking for the middle rear seat belt that had never been used. Reading level might be one thing but the pictures leave something to be desired. Found it anyway in the ceiling, all tucked away. Thing is I only get a few hundred paper pages, then have to plug in the DVD/CD whatever for the rest. Need a computer that is usually not in the car. Hit the wrong button though for the sun roof or light and you get Acura Help so you can ask them.