Wrong Transmission Fluid in 2012 Ford Fusion

Day one training at “Jiffy lube”. Lefty / Loosey ; Righty / Tighty .

I personally place 100% of the blame on the JL supervisors/managers and on JL's business model.

I’m a firm believer in that for MOST businesses (including JL) the managers/supervisors are to blame. Either they are giving them direct supervision…or they are not training them properly.

interesting that there are folks who change their trans fluid once a decade and others who do it in 2yrs of use. there are many cars with lifetime fluid and other cars have fluid intervals of 25k miles. honda and toyota cars seem especially touchy and seem to benefit with 2-3 yr service intervals.

honda and toyota cars seem especially touchy and seem to benefit with 2-3 yr service intervals.

No more then any other manufacturer. And since Honda and Toyota have had most consistent and highest reliability and resale values for the past 2-3 decades…what is that saying??

“interesting that there are folks who change their trans fluid once a decade and others who do it in 2yrs of use.”

Right now I have a truck at the shop with 150K that’s getting a transmission replacement. The fluid was only changed once, at 100K. Would the trans have lasted longer if it had been serviced every 30K? Probably, maybe, who knows? But that $150 trans service every 30K would have been a pretty cheap way to hedge a bet against the $3400 transmission he’s buying now. At least that’s my opinion.

I had my Riviera trans overhauled somewhere around 300,000 just because I was driving all over Minnesota and didn’t want a breakdown 400 miles from home and 10 below. The guy doing the overhaul said it really wasn’t that bad. I don’t remember what my fluid change routine was back then-maybe every 50K before I got on board the 30K changes.

But that $150 trans service every 30K would have been a pretty cheap way to hedge a bet against the $3400 transmission he's buying now.

We currently have 3 vehicles (2 Toyota’s and 1 Lexus)…all three have the WS tranny fluid and SUPPOSEDLY it never needs changing. I’m NOT about to find that out. I’ve been changing them every 50k miles. My 4runner now has 260k miles and going strong.

There are people in the 4runner forum who have NEVER changed their fluid with more miles then I have on mine. Is there something to the WS fluid?? Or is it just a fluke? I’m still not willing to gamble with $4000 to find out.

I get sick of businesses these days having such alcoholic attitudes…

“AWWW its good nuff” “It will be fine” " Its all the same stuff anyway" “It works doesnt it?”

" What do you want from me?"

I have a john deere z trak mower. There are hydrosat drives on each wheel, it takes two filters and 5 quarts of fluid to service it. I went to go get fluid at the dealer and they sold me the wrong stuff. My JD takes Hygard fluid. They sold me Hygard low viscosity.

My mower specifically states it uses hygard fluid, right on the service label on the mower. It recommends using Low-Vis for temperature ranges of -40 to +86, and use Hy-Gard for -10 to +122. Now Its a mower, nothing I use in the winter when its under -10. I use it quite a bit in the summer obviously, sometimes when its 95 degrees out.

I took the jugs of fluid back and the guy gave me an attitude, he said either would work and most use the low viscosity. I didn’t believe him and demanded the regular viscosity hygard. He was huffy. I mean really…