Won't let me answer car talk puzzler

I removed his name. He used the reply-by-email feature, which must have included the signature.

I remember that as part of what I esperienced. I could not even use the names of some of the US presidents.
------ Larry Robinson Bloomington IN midimagic@sbcglobal.net

The signature is provided by my employer.

I donā€™t know how to do that, because it is just the error message. I will try to get one if it happens again next monday.

If youā€™re on a Windows PC, press the ā€œprtscrnā€ key (just to the left of the number pad), then open Paint and hit control-V, save the image, and attach.

If youā€™re on a mac, press command-shift-4, draw a box around what you want to take a picture of, and it will appear on your desktop to be attached.

I know how to do that. I donā€™t know how to get everything on the screen at the same time. When I get the error message, the message I sent is gone.

This makes me think the employer programing is what is causing your problems. Where I worked personal use was not allowed, just company related emails.

1 Like

I gave up on Firefox on my old XP laptop and only use Chrome.

Does your employer know you are doing this on work time with work equipment?

Iā€™m sure Troubleshooter isnā€™t the only person on this forum who uses it from work. :wink:

As Sgt. Schultz would say ā€œI know nothing, nothingā€.

It was only the old Car Talk site that didnā€™t like the US presidents. It put bleep characters on parts of the presidents names.

I didnā€™t even have the same job when the old Car Talk software was censoring presidents.

Chrome no longer works in XP at all. Firefox guaranteed that the old version I have will continue to work.

The real problem is Microsoft changing everything every few years. If they would LEAVE THINGS ALONE, then everything would still work.

I am using my own equipment. But it must have the work software installed if I want to work from home. Thus, everything I do is touched by the work software. But I am told the work software does not have a censor (although I know that Yahoo does have it).

I am beginning to think there was a computer problem that occurred when I sent the puzzler answer. There was a power sag a few minutes before, and I had to reboot the computer about half an hour later.

I can neither confirm nor deny thisā€¦but given Iā€™m only usually active the days Iā€™m scheduled to work :wink:

Small correction: The new version of Chrome doesnā€™t work in XP, however if Chromeā€™s website detects youā€™re running XP/Vista, it will send you an old version that does.