Windshield busted by hood?

Well, I’m only thinking that :zipper_mouth_face:
My manners forbid me to use that kind of words :innocent:

1 Like

Insurance deductible is more than the cost to have it repaired at my local mechanic.

Mechanic said the dent on the hood looked like a butt imprint and the windshield a head imprint or vice versa. It looked like my car was in the middle of a bar fight.

Scary to think of what really happened to my car now… wonder if anyone was injured etc.

And yes… my brother is a jerk. He wont be even allowed to sit in the passenger seat anymore.

3 Likes

What is your theory as to what happened to the windshield?
Opinion on the cracked paint?

Are you sure ? Have you checked because some policies have windshield replacement clauses . And the hood repair if you do it will definitely be more than your deductible. It costs nothing to see if you should use your insurance.

1 Like

Windshield is 200$ installed.

I’m so mad right now. Thanks all for the input. Anything else you all would like to add… please do.

I think what he meant was not busted by the car hood, but by an actual hood, as in hoodlum. So then he is not really telling a lie, just being imprecise. No?

2 Likes

That sure looks like a body slam to the window

2 Likes

If the hood opened and bent back, the hood would never fit back onto the engine bay. Bogus brother.

3 Likes

You guys lead more exciting lives than I do. I haven’t seen a body slam since I watched pro wrestling on WTTG in the '60s.

2 Likes

You forget we had a wrestler for a governor so body slams were a daily event. Most of them deserved.

2 Likes

I had the hood pop open on my truck at freeway speeds one time, but no damage to hood or windshield. The question you need the answer to is whether the damage on the hood matches up exactly w/the damage on the windshield. You’ll probably need a friend on the other side of the car opening the hood to max to help you make that determination.

1 Like

We could start a seperate movie trivia thread. What movie starred two future governors?

1 Like

Predator (1987) Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jessie Ventura.

3 Likes

It looks like the hood flew back and busted the windshield. The damage to the hood bears this out. The wind will distort the hood and reach the glass easily.

1 Like

Lol - that’s exactly what I thought the title was referring to-

1 Like

Let’s just hope this wasn’t caused by a “hit and run” of a pedestrian and the police are looking for your car for killing a person.

3 Likes

They said 65 mph going down the highway hood flys up…

This also happens on new year’s day during daylight hours.

Who said ? And if that actually happened the hood would be so damaged it would not close without some major repair.

2 Likes

My brother. And he also claims he shut the hood on the side of the highway immediately following the fly up.
None of this makes since to me. I’m tired of my brothers lies. I would have to have forensic evidence. Then he would still lie.

To me that’s the imprint of a human body bouncing off the hood and into the windshield. It looks too broad an area to be a head. More likely a large butt. You’ll never know the truth, but I think you can safely assume your brother is lying to you.

4 Likes